MESPOM is an Erasmus Mundus Masters course in Environmental Sciences, Policy and Management operated by four leading European and two North American Universities and supported by the European Commission. MESPOM prepares students for identifying and implementing solutions to complex environmental challenges, especially in an international context.
The MESPOM study programme is in English and lasts two years. The students study in at least three out of six consortium universities: the International Institute for Industrial Environmental Economics at Lund University (Sweden), the University of Manchester (UK), Central European University (Budapest), the University of the Aegean (Lesvos, Greece), Monterey Institute for International Studies (MIIS) ( USA), and the University of Saskatchewan (UoS) (Canada).
In 2014-2016 MESPOM has been supported by the European Commission's Erasmus Mundus and Erasmus + programs. Starting from 2015, other forms of financial assistance will be available.
- Andres Pena '10 (Colombia)
- Malcolm Dalesa '12 (Vanuatu) in charge of climate change
- Nara Wisesa '10 (Indonesia)
- Jimena Montane's '14 (Mexico) photo exibited at the World Parks Congress
- Haiya Zhang '14 (China)
- Kevin Ummel '11 (USA)
- MESPOM-IIIEE alumni reunion in Beijing
- Diane Matar '09 (Lebanon)
- Chunsheng Yao '10 (China)
- Saatvika Rai '07 (India), PhD Candidate at Kansas University