Semester 3 at IIIEE, Lund University. Preventive environmental strategies
The aim of this semester at IIIEE is to equip students with knowledge and skills necessary to prepare and implement environmentally-relevant management decisions, at business and at policy level. Besides lectures and seminars, the semester includes writing an individual research paper and is based on direct interaction with companies and municipalities.
MESPOM programme at the IIIEE includes three mandatory courses: Environmental Management, Sustainability and Business Value Creation (10), Policies for Sustainable Businesses and Products (7.5), and Research Design and Methodology for Interdisciplinary Applied Research (5), which gives students a possibility to select research topics in strategic environmental development.
In addition students can choose one of the following four courses:
- Applied Research in Policy Intervention for a Transition to Low-carbon and Resource-efficient Economies (7.5)
- Applied research in Urban Governance and Experimentation for a transition to low-carbon and resource-efficient economies (7.5)
- Applied Research in Business Management and Practice for a Transition to Low-carbon and Resource-efficient economies (7.5)
- Applied Research in Consumption Governance for a Transition to Low-carbon and Resource-efficient Economies (7.5)
Lund 2019 Fall semester dates: 2 September 2019 - 19 January 2020
Visit the IIIEE website for more information.
Take a look at student assigments from previous years:
- 2016: The Life Cycle of LED: A Review by IIIEE & Lighting Metropolis
2015: LED's Light of the Future: Showcasing models of innovative lighting solutions
- 2014: Looking on the Bright Side: Dissemination of innovative lighting solutions for the public and private sector
- 2013: Energy for an Integrated Future: Opportunities for the Oresund Region
- 2012: Strategic Energy Solutions - A Case Study of the Oresund Region
- 2011: Energy Futures Øresund - Bridging the Gaps to a Greener Tomorrow
- 2010: Distributed Treasures - Island Economies
- 2009: The Future Is Distributed - A Vision of Sustainable Economies
MESPOM @ Lund news and stories
Dr. Naoko Tojo from the International Institute of Industrial Environmental Economics (IIIEE), Sweden
MESPOM is jointly operated by a consortium of 4 European and 2 North American Universities, each location presents its own unique set of learning opportunities.
12 years ago?! Yikes! Feels like yesterday. But in short, MESPOM influences the work I do every single day.
This week 2007 MESPOM graduate and present Associate Professor at Lund University, Yuliya Voytenko Palgan talks about advancing academic frontiers for sustainable solutions.