Semester 3 at IIIEE, Lund University. Preventive environmental strategies
The aim of this semester at IIIEE is to equip students with knowledge and skills necessary to prepare and implement environmentally-relevant management decisions, at business and at policy level. Besides lectures and seminars, the semester includes writing an individual research paper and is based on direct interaction with companies and municipalities.
MESPOM programme at the IIIEE includes three mandatory courses: Environmental Management, Sustainability and Business Value Creation (10), Policies for Sustainable Businesses and Products (7.5), and Research Design and Methodology for Interdisciplinary Applied Research (5), which gives students a possibility to select research topics in strategic environmental development.
In addition students can choose one of the following four courses:
- Applied Research in Policy Intervention for a Transition to Low-carbon and Resource-efficient Economies (7.5)
- Applied research in Urban Governance and Experimentation for a transition to low-carbon and resource-efficient economies (7.5)
- Applied Research in Business Management and Practice for a Transition to Low-carbon and Resource-efficient economies (7.5)
- Applied Research in Consumption Governance for a Transition to Low-carbon and Resource-efficient Economies (7.5)
Lund 2020 Fall semester dates: 31 August 2020 - 17 January 2021
Visit the IIIEE website for more information.
Take a look at student assigments from previous years:
- 2016: The Life Cycle of LED: A Review by IIIEE & Lighting Metropolis
2015: LED's Light of the Future: Showcasing models of innovative lighting solutions
- 2014: Looking on the Bright Side: Dissemination of innovative lighting solutions for the public and private sector
- 2013: Energy for an Integrated Future: Opportunities for the Oresund Region
- 2012: Strategic Energy Solutions - A Case Study of the Oresund Region
- 2011: Energy Futures Øresund - Bridging the Gaps to a Greener Tomorrow
- 2010: Distributed Treasures - Island Economies
- 2009: The Future Is Distributed - A Vision of Sustainable Economies
MESPOM @ Lund news and stories
The role of social media sustainability influencers - thesis topic of Gara, batch 15 Lund track student
During this second semester, 2nd year MESPOM students are working on their thesis research. This week, Gara, batch 15 Lund-track, told us about her extremely relevant and novel thesis topic!
Hi! My name is Gara and this is my MESPOM story.
Daniela, MESPOM Student batch 15 shared her personal story with us: it’s never too late to go after your dreams!
Hi, I'm Daniela Ariolli, Brazilian, 36 years old, and I would like to share with you a little bit about my story!
Rupal from MESPOM Student batch 15 told us about her summer internship at The German Development Institute
Curious about how studies in Lund are being carried out this year? Jan-Niklas Heintze, MESPOM student (batch 15) from Germany, told us about his student experience in Lund at the International Institute for Industrial Environmental Economics (IIIEE) so far…
MESPOM students have to do a mandatory summer internship component between the 1st and 2nd years, which is aimed at enhancing their professional development. Current 2nd year student Tabby Njung’e from Kenya reflects on her MESPOM internship experience
Dr. Naoko Tojo from the International Institute of Industrial Environmental Economics (IIIEE), Sweden
MESPOM is jointly operated by a consortium of 4 European and 2 North American Universities, each location presents its own unique set of learning opportunities.
12 years ago?! Yikes! Feels like yesterday. But in short, MESPOM influences the work I do every single day.
This week 2007 MESPOM graduate and present Associate Professor at Lund University, Yuliya Voytenko Palgan talks about advancing academic frontiers for sustainable solutions.
Handling four currencies in a day in the process - one of those uniquely MESPOM experiences - I arrived in Lund on an overcast, gray afternoon. This is a bit unfair to Budapest, of-course. While equally beautiful, much bigger and hence with many more sights to behold and marvel, Budapest did not get a blog entry when Sachin first set foot there last year. But then, this website did not exist and Sachin does not write blogs on lesser websites! It will be a bit of cheating to write first time experiences having spent an year there. All I can write now of there are anecdotes dripping with tearful nostalgia. It's a slightly touchy topic since I'm still recovering from the parting. Will have to postpone it until it sinks in.