The initial check that determines if the application is complete and all required documents have been provided by the deadline, if the application meets the formal requirements and if the applicant’s eligibility for the program has been completed. The reject decision for those applicants who failed the formal review is made available in the applicant portal.
No available decision means having passed the formal review.
Reasons for rejection in this round include, among others:
- applicant submitting incomplete application;
- applicant submitting unofficial documents;
- applicant not eligible for English language waiver or does not meet the English language requirement;
- applicant not eligible to apply to program;
- contradictory documents/ misrepresentation of information.
Applicants who were rejected during this formal review may submit an appeal until February 22, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that rejection decisions will be overturned only on procedural grounds. Applicants who have already sent an inquiry regarding their rejection in this round and received an answer from us confirming that the procedures were followed rightly in the evaluation process are not eligible to submit another appeal.