How to apply
On-line Application Form
Central European University manages the formalities of the admission process on behalf of the MESPOM Consortium. All candidates are required to fill in the CEU on-line application form. Please read carefully the instructions and the list of documents to be submitted before filling it in. All MESPOM applicants should meet the CEU General Admission Requirements.
Applicants, as of 2018, are able to submit two applications and apply for either for the Lund or the Manchester tracks. It is recommended that all applicants gain a good understanding of the difference between the two tracks offered. If an applicant is applying for both mobility tracks (Lund and Manchester), it is important that the applicant explains in her/his statement of purpose which of the two is her/his preferred option!
For informal chats and information, join the Study at MESPOM Facebook group.
In addition to filling in the on-line application form by the relevant application deadlines, the following documents should be secured.
- Proof of residency Applicants to EMJMD scholarship must submit a scanned copy of an official document that certifies residence. The residence certificate needs to be issued in accordance with your municipality's normal registration rules. It must be an officially notarized copy in English or an official English translation of the original document and must have been issued within 12 months before the application deadline. More details under Residency Document.
- Letters of Recommendation
Applicants must submit at least two letters of recommendation assessing their ability to conduct graduate-level work and their potential for a successful academic or professional career. The letters of recommendation must be completed by faculty members, job supervisors, etc., who are most familiar with the applicant's professional and/or academic abilities and character. Referees are requested to complete these letters in English or, if written in another language, to attach a certified English language translation. Normally, submission of the letters is done through the on-line application form: applicants provide contact data of the referees, and the system contacts them by e-mail.
- Academic Records
- Essay of career goals/Statement
Applicants to MESPOM program must submit a 350-word essay/statement of career goals and reasons for applying to this program, covering the following:
- The origins of their interest in environmental issues;
- How they hope to benefit from the MESPOM programme;
- What are their future career plans;
- Their relevant special interests.
- Curriculum vitae or resume
This should include a list of publications, if any.
- Proof of English proficiency
Such proof is an official score report from one of the recognized English language examinations or other formal evidence of English language proficiency as defined by the eligibility criteria. Information about the tests passed or forthcoming should be filled in the on-line application form. If your score report is not sent directly to CEU, you will need to submit an original certificate after your admission.
- E-mail Address All applicants must have an active email account during the MESPOM admissions process. This account should be checked regularly.
- Academic Records for enrollment
In order to be able to enroll at CEU, accepted students must submit the following academic documents to the Admissions Office (mailing address: Nador u. 9, 1051 Budapest, Hungary) by August 31, 2021, the latest - students who fail to comply with the requirement will NOT be allowed to enroll:
1. an official English copy/translation of their full Bachelor's transcript (transcript = an official report supplied by a school on the record of an individual student, listing subjects studied and grades received) and an official copy in the original language, if other than English;
2. an official English copy/translation of their Bachelor's diploma and an official copy in the original language, if other than English.
Inquiries about the admissions process and requests for additional information should be addressed to the CEU Admissions office or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (not to be used for sending applications and related documents!).
It is also advised to regularly check this website for up-to-date information.
FEW USEFUL LINKS
Personal Data Protection
Information relating to individuals (personal data) is collected and used in accordance with the Regulation (EC) N° 45/2001 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 18.12.2000 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data by the Community institutions and bodies and on the free movement of such data (OJ L8 of 12.01.2001, p. 1).
For further information please consult the EACEA privacy statement.